The Draft has been sent to the FIA and if approved, we will see much we recognize in the 2013 edition of Rally Sweden, February 7-10.
– The biggest difference from last year is that we change our day in Norway to Sunday, instead of Friday, says Clerk of the Course Bertil Klarin.
The contdown to Rally Sweden February 7-10 2013 has started. The Draft Itinerary has just been submitted to the FIA.
– The organisation has once again done a great job and we’re expecting the FIA to approve our draft, says Clerk of the Course Bertil Klarin.
Rally Sweden 2013 will look very much like the recent editions of the rally.
• Qualifying stage and shake down in Råda.
• Super Special Stage at Färjestadstravet Thursday and Friday night.
• HQ at Elite Stadshotellet in Karlstad.
• Service Park at the Airport in Hagfors.
• Finish at the Main Square in Karlstad on Sunday afternoon.
The draft contains 339 km SS-mil distributed over 22 special stages, most run twice. In short the days look like this:
Thursday February 7
Qualifying stage and Shake down in Råda during the day. The Rally starts with the Super Special Stage in Karlstad at the evening.
Friday February 8
Familiar stages in the Hagfors region. Vargåsen, with the famous Colin´s Crest, is run twice. The day ends with the Super Special Stage in Karlstad.
Saturday February 9
Stages east of Hagfors, such as Sågen and Fredriksberg. Also, the very popular Hagfors Sprint in the center of Hagfors is run twice.
Sunday February 10
This is the Norway-day of Rally Sweden. Several stages, such as Kirkener, are decided on the other side of the border to Norway. The closing stage of the day, the power stage, however, is run in Sweden and the finish is at the Main Square in Karlstad.