Sébastien Loeb does it again – wins his seventh consecutive World Championship title.
Together with codriver Daniel Elena the frenchamn secured the 2010 title through a victory in Rallye de France. In his hometown of Haguenau, Loeb received the cheers of tens of thousands of fans.
It was a very special moment for the best rally driver of all times.
Sébastien Loeb really wanted to decide this year’s championship on home turf. He didn’t have to win – but did it anyway. If you’re a born winner you can’t do much else. The victory was the 60:th for Loeb and Elena, a remarkable feat.
Loeb won the event ahead of his team colleague Dani Sordo. This means that Citroën also secured the championship for manufacturers.
Results from Rallye de France
1) Sébastien Loeb, Frankrike, Citroën C4, 3.05.49,3
2) Dani Sordo, Spanien, Citroën C4, + 35,7 sek
3) Petter Solberg, Norge, Citroën C4, + 1.16,8 min
4) Jari-Matti Latvala, Finland, Ford Focus, + 1.29,3
5) Mikko Hirvonen, Finland, Ford Focus, + 3.43,8
6) Sébastien Ogier, Frankrike, Citroën C4, + 11.55,9
7) Federico Villagra, Argentina, Ford Focus, + 14.15,4
8) Malcolm Wilson, Storbritannien, Ford Focus, + 14.26,9
9) Henning Solberg, Norge, Ford Fiesta S2000, + 16.48,9
10) Patrik Sandell, Sverige, Skoda Fabia S2000, + 17.12,3