Richard Göransson’s start in Rally Elverum ended unfortunately in a snowdrift.
– To break a race is never fun, but I’m happy with the day, said Goransson, who this week will be testing the Mini WRC he will run in Rally Sweden February 9-12.
Richard Göransson and Anders Fredriksson got a good 100 kilometers with them from the second round of the Norwegian championship. But in the end, the contest ended in a snowdrift on the seventh of the nine sections.
– We shoveled and shoveled, but after half an hour we gave up, said Fredriksson, who was pleased afterward.
– I am pleased that Richard has improve further, and he is now clearly ready for the Mini WRC.
Goranson was also pleased with his performance on the Norwegian side of the border.
– I focused on raising the tempo. We were 2 seconds per kilometer off the fastest Norwegian running WRC and that I am happy with. But we will get better, says Richard, who this week will test the Mini WRC in both England and Sweden.
– It will be sick fun to try it in the woods. We will carry out two full test days with the WRC car in the area around Östersund at the end of the week. On Tuesday I will be with the team in England, partly to try out the car and get to know all the staff to work with during the Rally Sweden.